Outside Grant Funding
Thank you to our grant providers and education partners who have made it possible for us to fund significant academic initiatives. Through the generosity of these philanthropic organizations, our students have been offered college readiness programs, theater arts, and literacy initiatives.
- PartnerRe: Funding from PartnerRe has provided our students with state-of-the art technology and literacy initiatives that impact students from kindergarten through 12th grade. This summer, PartnerRe will help us expand our literacy program for our youngest readers before they enter 1st and 2nd grades. In addition, thanks to PartnerRe's generosity, we have a solar greenhouse, new science equipment and a thriving Jazz program.
- Westchester Community Foundation (WCF): Each year for the past 4 years, the WCF has granted the Foundation $24,500 to fund overnight tours to college campuses. On these tours, high school students meet with admissions advisors, visit classes in session, tour campuses, visit dorm rooms, and even eat in college cafeterias.
- Let’s Get Ready (LGR): Through generous grants from LGR, WCF, and the Kids’ Club of Sleepy Hollow & Tarrytown, the Foundation funds an intensive nine-week college success program for 30 high school students that combines SAT preparation with assistance with the college admissions process.
- Kids’ Club of Sleepy Hollow & Tarrytown: In addition to funding our college ready program, this nonprofit reaches the youngest students in our community. With a grant of $1500, the Foundation piloted a summer program for rising first graders that helped them to stay on reading level when school is not in session.
- Bess Spiva Timmons Foundation: The Bess Spiva Timmons Foundation has granted the Foundation $11,000 to support Sleepy Hollow High School’s yearly drama and musical productions. This generous grant has also made it possible for more students to participate in our theater productions.
- IBM Corporation: Thanks to funding from IBM, the Foundation was able to update and upgrade its website and donor payment processing system.
To join our family of education funding partners, please contact our office at 914-366-8457.